New Features of Tally ERP 9 : Excise for Importers
As per the Notification dated 28th February 2014, all businesses registered as dealers of both imports and indigenous excisable goods, have to:
- Obtain a fresh registration as importer
- Transfer the closing stock of dealer unit to importer unit as opening stock to be sold under fresh registration as importer
- File separate returns as importer
To support the requirements of the Notification, Excise for Importer feature is introduced to provide:
- Registration details of importer
- Create godowns with excise registration type as Importer
- Transfer stock to importer unit, either manually or using the Helper option
In addition, the following reports can be generated and the schema required to generate XML is also supported:
- Excise Stock Journal
- Excise Purchase Bill register
- Excise Stock CENVAT register for one item and all items
- Customs Clearance register
- Extract report
- Form RG 23
In Voucher Register, the options Voucher Number (Numerical Decreasing) and Voucher Number (Numerical Increasing) have added to the Sorting Methods in F12: Configure. These options facilitate sorting based on increasing or decreasing order of only numeric voucher numbers for transactions recorded in voucher types enabled for manual voucher numbering
Excise for Dealer
The field RG 23D Number of excise purchase invoice is supported with Auto Assistance to increment the number by 1 when the numbering maintained is of pure numeric sequence.
The highlights of this release are listed below
Excise for Dealer/Importer
- Excise for Importer feature is introduced in adherence to Notification dated 28th February 2014, with the facility to provide registration details, transfer stock to importer unit, generate reports and e-return
- Excise enabled purchase vouchers are enhanced to capture RG 23D Number in sequence and automatically during entry when the numbering maintained is of pure numeric sequence
- Sorting of transactions based on only numerical or alphabetical order of voucher numbers is supported in Voucher Register
Note : Tally.ERP 9 Series A Release 4.91 is compatible with Tally.Server 9 Series A Release 4.91
e-UPaSS (Electronic Upload of Purchase and Sales Statements) is provided as per the latest statutory mandate. A simple two-step process in Tally.ERP 9 makes compliance hassle free
- Validate with built-in rules and automatically update all books of account to make them error free
- Upload all annexures directly into the government portal from Tally.ERP
Tally.ERP 9 Feature Summary
- Quick to install and allows incremental implementation
- Easy to customise
- Powerful remote capabilities to boost collaboration
- Audit & compliance services
- Integrated support centre
- Security management
- Statutory processes
- Manufacturer's excise
General Features of Tally ERP
Excise for Manufacturers (New!)
Allows you to keep Multiple Excise Registration (Manufacturer & Dealer) in a Single Company. It is possible to keep item wise Valuation Methods (Valorum, Quantum, MRP). You can create separate Unit of Measure for Excise Reporting. It is poosible to take Item wise Duty calculation for different Valuation Methods in a single invoice. Generation of Rule 11 invoice for Purchase returns is possible etc.
Control Centre (New!)
- Another new capability enables you to manage your license on your own (surrender, re-activate and so on) as well as easily distribute custom codes (TDL's) and prevent their misuse.
- Tally.ERP 9 takes full advantage of the connected world that the Internet opens up via an umbrella of services called Tally.NET. The capabilities described above are made possible via Tally.NET. As can be seen from our roadmap document, over time the list of services available will grow in breadth and depth.
Remote Access (New!)
- This deceptively simple capability to access your data across the world from another copy of Tally.ERP 9 is an exhilarating experience.!
Concurrent Multi-lingual capability
- Allows you to expand your business beyond geographical boundaries without worrying about language barriers. You can maintain your accounts in one language, view reports in another language and send invoices to your customers in yet another language, all at the press of a button.
– Lets you automate the management of your employee records including visa and employment contract management. This feature also offers automatic calculation of salaries and payslip generation.
– Enables you to generate profitability statements for each project executed, including financial and material resource apportionments, wherever applicable.
– Allows faster data entry and printing on 40 column continuous stationery. It also provides barcode support.
Flexible Financial Periods
Allows you to break away from inflexible accounting years and perform all accounting functions in Tally for time-periods that suit your convenience.
– allows you to create and maintain up to 99,999 companies, concurrently.
– helps you synchronise and update data across multiple locations. This enables fast and easy exchange of business information, between offices and branches, across various geographies.
Consolidation of Companies
- Enables grouping of companies and provides consolidated reports. Changes done in any constituent or branch company are automatically updated in the grouped information.
Unlimited levels of classification
– Facilitates ledger classification and re-classification as required. It also enables easy viewing and analysis of information; thus helping you make informed decisions.
– Helps you compare information in order to understand and analyse performance levels for various periods or divisions. It helps you study and understand the buying patterns of customers, so that you can channel your resources to specific segments, periods or customers. It also helps you analyse cash flow situations.
Drill Down Facility
– Helps you drill down or instantly update from any report – starting from the Balance Sheet down to Vouchers, or vice versa.