Release 5.5.2 - Highlights :
Telangana VAT and CST
- Release 5.5.2 supports the latest format of Telangana VAT Form 200 and CST Form VI (for Purchase and Sales).
- Enjoy the newly supported data source types Rule Set, Num Set, and Flag Set, to populate data to a collection using the attribute Data Source
This issue is resolved.
- While recording or altering a voucher in single entry mode, if a line item was removed by pressing Ctrl+D, the preceding or succeeding line item was deleted. This issue is resolved.
- When exported vouchers were imported, the voucher numbers were not retained. This occurred if the option Overwrite vouchers, instead of duplicating, during import? was enabled in F12: Configuration, and Automatic (Manual Override) method of numbering was selected, in the Voucher Type master.
This issue is resolved.
- In an invoice, if the party ledger selected was enabled with multiple mailing details, and predefined with the mailing name of another ledger, the Address Type of the other ledger was displayed in the Party Details screen.
This issue is resolved. Now, in addition to ledger mailing name, the corresponding ledger name is also displayed in the List of Address Types of the Party Details screen.
- During verification of vouchers for audit, if the sampling method was set as manual sampling by clicking S: Set Manual Sampling in the Voucher Register report, the text Manually Sampled was not displayed against the voucher. This issue is resolved.
- While configuring cheque printing by selecting the User Defined format for a bank ledger, the top and bottom lines for A/c Payee in the cheque was not displayed. This issue is resolved.
- In the Bank Reconciliation screen, while creating a voucher for an unreconciled transaction imported from the bank statement, the field Transaction Type was displaying Cheque in case of payments and Cheque/DD in case of receipts if a different transaction type was set in the ledger master. This issue is resolved.
- For DBS Bank, when you printed the Bank Reconciliation report, the Particulars column was blank in the print. This issue is fixed, and the Particulars column displays the values as seen in the report.
- The Item Cost Track Breakup report displayed the stock item with cost tracking disabled when,
- A purchase voucher was created with a stock item, with cost tracking enabled and
- This purchase voucher was duplicated and altered with a different stock item, in which cost tracking was disabled.
This issue is resolved.
- In the Godown Summary (Stock Summary > F9: Inventory Reports > Godown Summary) report, the Total Quantity field was displaying incorrect values when,
- Multiple companies/godowns were added, and the order of the companies/godowns was changed by pressing Alt+C, and
- The option Show Total Column? was enabled in the F12: Configuration of the Godown Summary report.
This issue is resolved.
- In the Stock Vouchers report, the field Totals as per 'Transaction' values under the Outwards Consumption column was displaying incorrect values. This was occurring when the option Use default valuation for Closing Values? was set to No in the F12: Configuration of the report. This issue is resolved.
- The Item Allocation screen of the Item Invoice, was displaying truncated values in the Amount field when only Quantity and Value were recorded (excluding the Rate field), and re-accepted in alteration mode of the invoice. This issue is resolved.
- The error message No Access Allowed was displayed while accepting a POS voucher, if in Security Control:
- the option Set/Alter rules for print before save? was enabled for a data entry user, and
- POS voucher type was selected under Disallow the following Voucher Types in the Print Vouchers Before Save Rules screen.
This issue is resolved.
- While printing the Job Work In /Out Order voucher, the Amount column was being printed when the option Print Amount Column? was set to No in the voucher printing configuration. This issue is resolved.
- While printing a purchase invoice after enabling the option Print in voucher format? in the Invoice Print Configuration screen, the company name was displayed instead of the creditor ledger name in the Authorised Signatory field. This issue is resolved.
- An error file with the message Invalid found on line numbers was being generated while uploading the ECR text file. This was occurring as separator characters were getting added at the end of each line in the ECR text file. This issue is resolved.
- A transaction could not be recorded for TDS deduction against interest paid on overdue or loan amount. This issue is resolved.
Now, if a transaction is recorded for interest amount (expense), the same is flagged as an exception. You will be able to resolve the exception by marking it as a TDS booking transaction. Against this a TDS deduction transaction can be passed.
- The latest format of Telangana VAT Form 200, with following new fields, is supported.
- Exempt or non-creditable purchases
- 27% (under Purchase and Sales)
- 35.2% (under Purchase and Sales)
- Exempt Sales and Exempt Transactions
- TDS Adjustment
- The latest format of Telangana CST Form VI, with following new fields, is supported.
- Sales in the course of Import into India under Section 5(2) of CST Act'56(High Sea sales)
- Inter State Sales of Exempted Goods covered by Sch-I of APVAT Act2005
- Inter state Sales Under Section 8(6) of CST Act 1956 (Sales to SEZ Units Covered by Form-I)
The highlights of this and earlier release are listed below
- Powerful and simplified statutory functionality brings to you the best solution to manage your taxation in the simplest and most efficient manner. Release 5 gives you the experience of a hand-prepared return with intuitive intelligence designed to help you generate 100% accurate returns in a matter of minutes. With Release 5, you enjoy the complete flexibility to configure tax rates and classifications as applicable to your business as well as a simple and easy experience to record transactions. What’s more, it also enables you to save your finalized returns which will help you to either modify them or prepare revised returns as appropriate.
Migrate to Tally.ERP 9 release 5.3.2 quickly with the all new Tax Rate Setup tool. Easily view and specify VAT rates and excise tariffs, and start recording transactions in no time at all. Using the Tax Rate Setup tool ensures maximum productivity in business operations by making the entire process of setting VAT or excise tariff rates effective, and quick.
- On-Demand Data Synchronization that gives you the ability to share information across your locations in a simple, reliable and secure manner, without the need to be simultaneously connected to each other. This completely eliminates the need for intensive and rigid schedules; delivering the benefit of sheer convenience in your hands. Release 5 takes advantage of the Tally Software Services for synchronisation of master information as well as transaction data across locations and ensures that creation, modifications and deletions are appropriately updated.
- Comprehensive post-dated cheque management wherein you can flexibly track and record post-dated cheques which are automatically regularised on the due date. What’s more, you enjoy full visibility of PDCs issued and received along with their real-time accounts; enabling accurate and informed cash planning.
- New Migration experience: Release 5 also offers you quick, easy and seamless migration of business data. The system will automatically populate all relevant information such as tax information, MRP etc. and migrate your data accordingly; enabling you to immediately begin your billing process after migration.
- Lighter and Swifter Tally.ERP 9 ensuring a highly optimised system memory usage, hassle free and efficient product update experience delivering only those updates which are relevant to you.
- One click zero-configuration installer that greatly simplifies the installation process and reduces the set-up time so that you are up & running in seconds.
- Robust Licensing enables multiple users to use the same single user license to access data, one user at a time.
- Over 2000 product enhancement & issue resolution requests are addressed to further improve the Product Stability and Completeness.
Tally.ERP 9 Feature Summary
- Quick to install and allows incremental implementation
- Easy to customise
- Powerful remote capabilities to boost collaboration
- Audit & compliance services
- Integrated support centre
- Security management
- Statutory processes
- Manufacturer's excise
General Features of Tally ERP
Excise for Manufacturers (New!)
Allows you to keep Multiple Excise Registration (Manufacturer & Dealer) in a Single Company. It is possible to keep item wise Valuation Methods (Valorum, Quantum, MRP). You can create separate Unit of Measure for Excise Reporting. It is poosible to take Item wise Duty calculation for different Valuation Methods in a single invoice. Generation of Rule 11 invoice for Purchase returns is possible etc.
Control Centre (New!)
- Another new capability enables you to manage your license on your own (surrender, re-activate and so on) as well as easily distribute custom codes (TDL's) and prevent their misuse.
- Tally.ERP 9 takes full advantage of the connected world that the Internet opens up via an umbrella of services called Tally.NET. The capabilities described above are made possible via Tally.NET. As can be seen from our roadmap document, over time the list of services available will grow in breadth and depth.
Remote Access (New!)
- This deceptively simple capability to access your data across the world from another copy of Tally.ERP 9 is an exhilarating experience.!
Concurrent Multi-lingual capability
- Allows you to expand your business beyond geographical boundaries without worrying about language barriers. You can maintain your accounts in one language, view reports in another language and send invoices to your customers in yet another language, all at the press of a button.
– Lets you automate the management of your employee records including visa and employment contract management. This feature also offers automatic calculation of salaries and payslip generation.
– Enables you to generate profitability statements for each project executed, including financial and material resource apportionments, wherever applicable.
– Allows faster data entry and printing on 40 column continuous stationery. It also provides barcode support.
Flexible Financial Periods
Allows you to break away from inflexible accounting years and perform all accounting functions in Tally for time-periods that suit your convenience.
– allows you to create and maintain up to 99,999 companies, concurrently.
– helps you synchronise and update data across multiple locations. This enables fast and easy exchange of business information, between offices and branches, across various geographies.
Consolidation of Companies
- Enables grouping of companies and provides consolidated reports. Changes done in any constituent or branch company are automatically updated in the grouped information.
Unlimited levels of classification
– Facilitates ledger classification and re-classification as required. It also enables easy viewing and analysis of information; thus helping you make informed decisions.
– Helps you compare information in order to understand and analyse performance levels for various periods or divisions. It helps you study and understand the buying patterns of customers, so that you can channel your resources to specific segments, periods or customers. It also helps you analyse cash flow situations.
Drill Down Facility
– Helps you drill down or instantly update from any report – starting from the Balance Sheet down to Vouchers, or vice versa.