Depending on the nature of sales transaction you can select the applicable Form Type.
- C Form is for sales made to registered customers.
- D Form is for sales made to government.
- F Form is for Branch transfers.
- H Form is for deemed exports.
- I Form is for SEZ Customers.
- J Form is for sale made to Diplomatic Mission & U.N etc. Form J will be displayed for selection based on the State selected for CST compliance.
In case where the Inter-state sales transaction does not involve the receipt of C Form, select Not Applicable in the Form to Receive field of the sales invoice.
Shut a Company is to unload it. It does not mean that you have deleted it. Simply select it again to load and work on it again.
You can shut a company in two ways
- either using the button F1: Shut Cmp (Alt + F1) or
- pressing Enter on Shut Company menu option on the Company Info. Menu.
The screen appears as shown below:
Interstate Sales Against Form C
Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales
- Select As Invoice
- Enter the reference in the Ref. field, if required
- Select the Party’s A/c Name from the List of Ledger Accounts
- Select the Sales Ledger with the VAT/Tax class – Interstate Sales @ 2% Against Form C.
- On selecting the Sales Ledger, the VAT/Tax Class appears accordingly. In case the VAT/Tax Class is not defined in the master, select Interstate Sales @ 2% Against Form C from the VAT/Tax Class list.
- Select the Name of Item from the List of Items.
- Enter the Quantity and Rate. The amount is automatically displayed in the Amount field.
- Select the CST ledger grouped under Duties & Taxes with Type of Duty/Tax as CST and VAT/Tax Class – CST @ 2% from the List of Ledger Accounts. The amount of CST is automatically calculated on the assessable value.
- Select Form C as Form to Receive, if applicable.
- The Form number and Date fields will be displayed on selecting the Form to Receive from the Form Types list.
- Enter the Form number and Date if available for the Form selected
- Set Show Statutory Details field to No
- Enter Narration if required
- Press Enter to accept and save.
To enable Cheque Printing in Tally.ERP 9,
- Go to Gateway of Tally > F11: Accounting Features
- Set Enable Cheque Printing to Yes
- Set/Alter Cheque Printing Configuration to Yes.
The screen appears as shown.
Once the option Set/Alter Cheque Printing Configuration is activated to Yes, you will get the Company Cheque Details screen.
Company Cheque Details screen Appears as shown
Company Name on Cheque:
To print the company name on the cheque for signature purposes, mention the name of the Company (for example, ABC Company). If you do not want Tally.ERP 9 to print the name, you can leave it blank. Many banks issue cheques with your company name printed.
Name of Banks
Select the Bank from the Bank accounts list.
You will have to fill in the dimensions of the cheque. Tally.ERP 9 accepts user defined cheque dimensions. Take the banks cheque book and measure the dimensions of a cheque leaf carefully in millimeters and fill in the above form. You may need to correct it after trying out a couple of cheques so that the positioning is accurate. The placing of the cheque in the printer also determines the printing. To avoid mistakes trial could be made on photocopies of a cheque before using an actual cheque leaf.
When we raise an invoice to our client, on which our client is requires to deduct TDS and pays the balance amount to us. The amount so deducted by our client, he is liable to pay it to the Income Tax department within first week of next month, hence its a receivable for us which we have to claim from the Income Tax Department and not from our client.
Now, we will see how to handle this situation in Accounts and Tally ERP 9 ?
Suppose we have issue a bill of Rs. 80000 on which Customer deducted TDS of Rs. 800 and pays you Rs. 79200 back to us. Then the entry in your books will be as under :
|Dr. Bank Account
|Dr. TDS Receivable Account
( This ledger should be open under the Group Loans & Advances (Asset))
The result will be that your customer a/c will be settled off and the TDS amount will be shown as receivable in the Balance sheet which we have to claim from the Income Tax department. We will get Form No. 16A From our client in this regard in support of our claim.
How to use lower deduction TDS rates for certain suppliers
By virtue of Section 197/197A an assesses can get a certificate of lower deduction from the ITO.
Such certificate will include your TAN number, Assesses PAN Number, Period of applicability, approx. billing amount to you during the period and the % of TDS by which you should deduct TDS on the same.
Let’s assume one of your supplier presents you such a certificate of lower deduction of tds at a rate of 6%, then you must deduct the same as per the certificate produced to you.
Let’s learn how to manage the same in Tally.ERP 9. Once you make the settings as per below then whenever you book the invoice of such supplier then TDS will be calculated and deducted from the bill automatically at the rates specified as per the lower Deduction certificate
- Go to related supplier’s ledger who produced you the lower deduction certification
- (Note : Enable “Allow ADVANCED entries in TDS Master” form F12 configuration)
- Enable “ Is TDS Deductable”?
- Deductee Type : select deductee type from the list
- Use Advanced TDS Entries : Set to “Yes”
- You will find a pop up as per below
- Enable “ Set Zero/Lower Deduction” to “Yes”
- You will find below screen
- Select the Nature of payment applicable from the pop up window list
- Set section number (it will be shown in the lower deduction certificate
- Mention necessary details and save it.
If you are not aware of TDS features in tally then you should referTDS help file for further reference
Tally ERP 9 Release 3 of Current series A is due and it will be available soon to all the Tally users.
There are some long-awaited and expected features for which Tally community was looking since a long time.
Here is the brief features that will be available with Tally ERP 9 Rel 3,
- Auditor’s edition enhanced with form 3CA and 3CB
- Now you can enter Multiple addresses for the Company and for Debtors and Creditors in Master ledger
- Complete Jobwork module for manufacturers with excise compliance
- Rs symbol has changed
- multiple outstanding entries will be available.
- if you want to insert your company logo, in the bills etc.., it can be done ! now no more need to customise for logo print or any TDL!
- auto back in customised path/folder. An enhanced feature of the earlier release 2.1,and now you can set your own path/folder to take auto back up of your data
- Customer can select the reports he sees often and add it to ” my Favorites “
- Pre order closure is available.
- Form no. 16 for employee and tds on salary module will now be available.
- last, but not least,call the expert toll-free no charge! see the picture below now for any of query just call a tally expert from tally software free of cost and get solve your query in no time.
Note : All this features will be available only to licensed Tally users and whose Tally Net Subscription (TNS) is active.
If your TNS had been expired then you may renew it now.
New Stat.900 Version is available free for existing Tally User Major Enhancement are :
Value Added Tax
The Payment Challan – Form VAT – V is provided for VAT and Composite VAT enabled Companies.
- The VAT Payment Challan – Form VAT C1 is provided.
- Excel export support for Form VAT R1 and Form VAT R2 is provided.
The functionality of e-Audit Form 704 is enhanced as per the requirements of revised FORM-704.xls file.
The value of entries recorded using the VAT/Tax class provided for 5% and 13.5% VAT rates is captured in Form 10 and Annexure A.
Release details of Stat900 version 132 (PDF file)
Download Stat 132