How to change current period in Gateway of Tally

The Current Financial Year is 1-4-2010 to 31-03-2011, and in the Gateway of Tally it displays the Current Period as shown:
Now if you want to create a voucher on 1-4-2011, the error message Date above current period (31-Mar-11) is displayed.

Now if you want to create a voucher on 1-4-2011, the error message Date above current period (31- Mar-11) is displayed.

Change the Current Period in the Gateway of Tally by pressing Alt + F2 Change Period 01-04-2011 to31-03-2012, and then record the vouchers for the new financial year.

It will change the Current Period information and you will be able to save vouchers for the financial year
2011-12.

Balances of the previous financial period will be carried forward without passing any closing transactions.

237 comments on “How to change current period in Gateway of Tally

Comment navigation

• Dear Rahul,

Please check which mode of Tally you are using.
    If you are using educational mode, Tally will accept the date only 1st, 2nd and 30th or 31st of that month.

Best Wishes
    Admin

• Dear Pramod,

May be you have passed some post dated entries in Tally
    Thats wahy it showing period form 2014-16,

If you open more than one company in same window Tally applies first company current period to rest of the company

Best Wishes Admin

• Joginder Singh says:

While changing the financial year, instead of using F2 (Period) command, I clicked Company info (F3) & altered the date by mistake.
    Now while I open Tally ERP9, it shows the Error which reads as: “Company date details changed. Need to rewrite before proceeding. OK”
    While I click on OK, the software Tally ERP9 closes thereby hindering the process of rewriting the data.
    Please guide me how to come out of the problem?

• Dear Joginder Singh

Please take a back up of your data
    Open Tally, dont open the company, Press Ctrl + Alt + R
    Rewrite your company once

After rewriting, try and check the company data

Best Wishes
    Admin

• sagar patel says:

Dear sir i am using tally 9 and my tally show the exiting error company date details changed need to rewrite before proceeding so sir pls help me how to start my tally again

• sundaramoorthy says:

I am using tally9 educational multiuser. financial year 2015-16 I need to enter a voucher in 1.6.15and 2.6.15 accepted, but 3.6.15 enter the current date not accepted. please help me

• Saurabh Anand says:

Hello sir
    I am using tally ERP9 Actually when i make the entries in Acc. vouchers and close tally,,and open it again after sometime few entries were not showing.please help me out.

• Parvej Alam says:

If i will change my current period from 2015-16 to 2014-15 and made some entry with previous year date that is 2014-15; is there any possibility that i will loss my data? sir please reply ASAP.

• dinesh gehlot says:

sir, i have download tally erp9 64 bit, but sir this tally in date 1, 2, 31 are show all date not able please help me
    thanks in advanced

• dinesh gehlot says:

thanks

• Dear Parvej,

You can pass the entry in previous year and current year also. It will not harm your data but for safety purpose take a back up of your whole data.

Best Wishes
    Admin

• Dear Saurabh,

When you save the voucher entry in Tally it can not be deleted automatically.
    Please change your period (Alt + f2) and then check those entries in Day Book (Gateway of Tally > Display > Day Book)

Best Wishes
    Admin

• Sir,
    I am using ERP9, when i select company financial year 2014-2015,the current period is 2015-2016 how can i change it.

• Sir, am using tally erp 9 educational mode. When i take inventory items and try to change the period from 1.4.2015 to 30.11.2015, tally is not working. It seems you cannot change the period in educational mode. Sir is there any other way to change the period in educational mode tally erp 9.

• Dear sir,

I want to change the fiscal year from 17 July 2015 to 16 July 2016. Is it possible to change the month from April to July for the fiscal year.

• PRABHIN JAMES says:

Hi Sir
    I’m using tally 9 and i would like to know how to keep my current date and current period after saving? because i fix the date and save the page and again if i open the company page the date gets automatically changed. Pleas advice

• Shanavas Muhammad says:

How can I post date below the starting of books?
    Means the the book of financial year is 1-1-2016 to 31-12-2016 and i want to enter a purchase or sale in december ?

Thanks with Regards

• DEAR SIR,
    MY NAME IS VINOD, I AM WORKING JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT IN MUSCAT, AND HERE TO FINANCIAL YEAR STARTING 1 JANUARY AND CLOSING 31 DECEMBER.TALLY FINANCIAL YEAR STARTING IN MARCH . SIR HOW CHANGE FINANCIAL YEAR ….

• DEAR SIR,
    MY NAME IS VINOD, I AM WORKING JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT IN MUSCAT, AND HERE TO FINANCIAL YEAR STARTING 1 JANUARY AND CLOSING 31 DECEMBER.TALLY FINANCIAL YEAR STARTING IN MARCH . SIR HOW TO CHANGE FINANCIAL YEAR ….

• i have downloaded tally erp9 and entered my data but now d voucher dates are not changing ask per my biils as my current year is 2015 – 2016 , i want to add a voucher on 4.4.15 but its not accepting d date
    wat should i do now ???/

• how to check in tally whether it is using educational mode or not ,
    and if it is using educational mode then , how to change it

• Dear Bhagyashree,

Please check in the license panel screen in the bottom of the Tally.ERP 9 Window. If you are getting serial number means it is license version.
    In educational version your will get educational mode.
    You can buy rental license TallyERP 9 Rental

Best Wishes
    Admin

• Dear Vinod,

If you are creating new company, in company creation screen mention financial year from 01/01/20..
    Change your current period (Alt + F2) and pass the journal entries in that period.

Best Wishes
    Admin

• Dear bhagyashree,

If you are using educational version of Tally then it will accept the date only 1st 2nd and 31 st of every month.
    We recommend you to buy Tally rental license for practice
    Please follow the link for more about rental license
    TallyERP 9 Rental

Best Wishes
    Admin

• Dear Sajas,

Come to the Gate way of Tally > Comp Info > Alter
    In company alteration screen check your date of Books Beginning from.
    Date which your mention their from that date only you can pass the entries in Tally.

Best Wishes
    Admin

• Dear Shanavas,

If you mention the date 01/01/2016 in Books beginning from.
    Tally will allow you to pass the entries from 01/01/2016 only.
    You can not enter any transaction before 01/01/2016.
    If you want to pass the entries before 01/01/2016, please change your date of books beginning from.

Best Wishes
    Admin

• Dear Monu,

If you are using Tally educational version it will accept only 1st, 2nd and 31 st of that month.

We recommend you to buy Tally.ERP 9 Rental License for practice
    For more details please follow the link
    TallyERP 9 Rental

Best Wishes
    Admin

• Dear Abin,

In Educational mode it will accept the date only 1st, 2nd and 31st of that month.
    Try the period from 01/04/2015 to 31/03/2015