How to change current period in Gateway of Tally

The Current Financial Year is 1-4-2010 to 31-03-2011, and in the Gateway of Tally it displays the Current Period as shown:
Now if you want to create a voucher on 1-4-2011, the error message Date above current period (31-Mar-11) is displayed.

Now if you want to create a voucher on 1-4-2011, the error message Date above current period (31- Mar-11) is displayed.

Change the Current Period in the Gateway of Tally by pressing Alt + F2 Change Period 01-04-2011 to31-03-2012, and then record the vouchers for the new financial year.

It will change the Current Period information and you will be able to save vouchers for the financial year
2011-12.

Balances of the previous financial period will be carried forward without passing any closing transactions.

182 comments on “How to change current period in Gateway of Tally

Comment navigation

• The current period displayed in my file is 01/04/2013 to 31/03/2014. I need to enter a voucher in 24/09/2010, but still i am receiving the error “date above current period”. What could possibly cause such error. Kindly help.

• Dear Ravi,

Open your company
    Come to Gate way of Tally > Press Alt + F2 > Change your period 01/04/2010 to 31/03/2011 and then save it.
    And now you try to pass entry on 24/09/2010 it will accept

Best Wishes
    Admin

• Dear Sir/madam.,

i have create new company with same name for next year at the time copy & paste by previous company unfortunately i changed old company financial year so now its not open when i try to open it showing error ” Company Data details changed Need to rewrite before proceeding ” please help me to open the company

• The current period displayed in my file is 01/04/2013 to 31/03/2014. I need to enter a voucher in 11/01/2014, but still i am receiving the error “date above current period”. What could possibly cause such error. Kindly help.

Thanks.

• jeevan

Thanks.

• praveen jain says:

Sir
    I am usto tally 9 multi My financial year starts from 1/3/13 to 28/2/14. Sir I want Start From 1/4/14 to 31/3/15. But voucher no not start 1.

• Hello Team,

I am using tally 9.0 ,when i open the company means tally indicate the below error message

Exiting tally

company date details changed need to rewrite before proceeding

Please do needful ….please suggest me the solution

Thanks,
    Mano.A

• ashish kr says:

i have to change the period of company i know that using Alt f2 is using in this condition but unfortunately i have press Alt+f3 alter and change the date of company period now it is displaying the error
    company date details changed, need to rewrite before processing
    plz help me

• Ashutosh Jha says:

today is my tally date is 02.04.2014 and my system date is 15.04.2014. how to change it

• Every time I open tally the accounting period changes to 2013-14 and the date is changed to 31/3/14. How to make it fix. I have tried changing default company to ‘no’ but it did not help me. Please help me

• I am using tally erp9 single user. my staff did not know how to change the period. so by mistake they alter the company and change the period/dates. but when they open it the next day we get this error message” Exiting Tally, Company date details changed. Need to Rewrite before Proceeding.” please help.

• i have created company for current period 1-4-2012 to 31-3-2013.but when i make entry using any 1,2,30,31 date except 31-3-2013 for eg.1-6-2012, it shows error that “date below starting of books 31-mar-2013″?

• i have created company for current period 1-4-2014 to 31-3-2015.but when i make entry using any 1.4.14 date except 31-3-2015 for eg.1-6-2012, it shows error that “date below starting of books 31-mar-2015
    ″?

• The current period displayed in my file is 01/04/2014 to 31/03/2015. I need to changed my current period 01/04/13 to 31/03/14, but still i am receiving the error “date above current period”. What could possibly cause such error. Kindly help.

Thanks.

• Bobby bansod says:

Sir,
    I am trying to change date in tally 7 but i cant do it. I am using F2 button to change date and after changing date i pressed Enter key but it doesnt work. It doesnot accept enter key and it doesnt goes to next step.

• i am using tally 9, when i reach at July 1 voucher no. automatically change into 1. How can i solve the problem

• gayatri kadam says:

I passed petty cash entry. but every passed entry the starting entry voucher number is change what can i do

• I have created company for current period 01-01-2014 to 31-12-2014.but when i make entry on 11-05-2014 , it shows error that “date below starting of books 31-mar-2014″?, how to fix it.

• I have created company for current period 01-01-2014 to 31-12-2014.but when i make entry on 11-05-2014 , it shows error that “date below starting of books 31-Dec-2014″?, how to fix it.

• Dear Team,
    I am new for Tally9erp. When I create a new company, by mistake I enter Financial period 01Apr-2015 and in 3rd column Financial year entered 14-15. Now when i entered any thing in voucher a prompt appear “Current Date is below 01-04-2015″ . Please tell me how I modify this problem in master file.
    Thanks for trouble.

• Shahid Mahmood says:

Dear Team,
    I change the my current accounting period showing as 01-11-2013 To 31-10-2014 and i press Alt + F2 at the gateway of tally and change this accounting period as 01-01-2014 To 31-12-2014….But when i Quit the tally and restart, it again showing 01-11-2013 to 31-10-2014 i want to change 01-01-2014 to 31-12-2014 for every time till the end of December, 2014….Can anybody help me ?

• Hariom Tewatia says:

Dear Sir, I want to i have done entry for fy year 2014-15 but now i want to change tally data for fy 2013-14 without change in 2014-15 so how i can change tally data between years 9868334433

• Hariom Tewatia says:

Dear sir,

I want to change last year 2013-14 tally data in tally hence enry has been done for fy 2014-15
    what i have to do change my last years data. Please tell me

• i have tally erp multi user i change stock show zero stock items but is not save, daily i change it, kindly help me. (display-inventory book-group summary- open one group (ex panasonic)- f12-show all items)
    i changed above format is not saved, daily i change please help me.

Comment navigation