The new Tally.ERP 9 Release 4.92 is available now!
FREE for all users of Tally.ERP 9.*
Tally.ERP 9 is the latest ERP offering of the Tally software series. As with all Tally products, rapid updates are made available for the lifetime of the product via periodic releases, thereby providing the high level of business capability that millions of users trust.
Issues Resolved :
Memory Access Violation error while altering Payment/Receipt/Contra vouchers, resolved:
Tally.ERP 9 was crashing with the error Memory Access Violation under specific circumstances.
This error was occurring if the following operations were executed in the same order as listed below:
Note: The option Allow Zero valued entries (F11: Features > F1: Accounting Features) is disabled in both scenarios.
- Record a voucher for multiple parties using a bank ledger, providing nil value for one of the party ledgers. In the Bank Allocations screen select the party ledger with nil value, under Ledger Name.
- Delete the party ledger master for which nil value was provided.
- Open a voucher that has been recorded using the same bank ledger in alteration mode and press Ctrl+A. Tally.ERP 9 crashes with the error Memory Access Violation.
- Record a voucher by selecting a party ledger and a bank ledger (the F12: Configure option Use Defaults for Bank Allocations is set to Yes).
- Open the voucher in alteration mode and change the party ledger. Save the changes.
- Delete the party ledger master that was replaced in the altered voucher.
- Open a voucher that has been recorded using the same bank ledger, in alteration mode and press Ctrl+A. Tally.ERP 9 crashes with the error Memory Access Violation.
Procedure to rectify the data using Release 4.92:
- Open your data in Release 4.92.
- From Gateway of Tally, press Ctrl + Alt + R.
- Select the company that has to be rewritten.
- The dialog box Rewrite? appears. Click Yes.
- The dialog box Backup before rewriting? appears. Click Yes to create a backup of the company that you are rewriting.
- After rewriting, open the Tally.REW file. This file will be available in the Tally.ERP 9 folder and will contain the following information for transactions that have a ledger mismatch:
- Voucher Number (if manual numbering is used for the vouchers)
- Voucher Type (for Voucher Types created by the user, the default Voucher Type under which they have been categorised will be captured)
- Voucher date
- Voucher amount
- Identify these transactions in the corresponding company and re-accept them using the Enter key.
Please note that the Bank Allocations screen will retain all information except the party ledger. Select the party ledger while re-accepting.
- Issue of Bank Allocations screen displaying ledgers with nil transaction value, resolved:
While recording a bank transaction using multiple ledgers, the ledger that was provided with nil value was being listed in Bank allocations screen. Now ledgers with nil value in the entry will not be listed in Bank Allocations screen.
The Highlights in Tally.ERP 9 Series A Release 4.92 :
Indian Taxation :
Excise for Dealers/Importers
- Excise for Importer feature is introduced in adherence to Notification dated 28th February 2014, with the facility to provide registration details, transfer stock to importer unit, generate reports and e-returns
- Excise enabled purchase vouchers are enhanced to capture RG 23D Number in sequence and automatically during entry when the numbering maintained is of pure numeric sequence
- Sorting of transactions based on only numerical or alphabetical order of voucher numbers is supported in Voucher Register
Note : Tally.ERP 9 Series A Release 4.91 is compatible with Tally.Server 9 Series A Release 4.9.
e-UPaSS (Electronic Upload of Purchase and Sales Statements) is provided as per the latest statutory mandate. A simple two-step process in Tally.ERP 9 makes compliance hassle free:
- Validate with built-in rules and automatically update all books of account to make them error free
- Upload all annexures directly into the government portal from Tally.ERP 9
Tally.ERP 9 Feature Summary:
- Quick to install and allows incremental implementation
- Easy to customise
- Powerful remote capabilities to boost collaboration
- Audit & compliance services
- Integrated support centre
- Security management
- Statutory processes
- Manufacturer’s excise
Click here for release notes
Click here for download