Tally.Server 9, a new product which can be installed in the server machine and run as a service,Â has been developed by Tally to provide an unparalleled usability experience for secure and concurrentÂ data access in your multi user environment. It is an extremely simple-to-deploy product whichÂ also provides advanced monitoring and administrative control:
- Performing operations in a frictionless environment: Multiple users will be able toÂ simultaneously load companies, save transactions, export reports, print reports, import data,Â take backup and perform other data related activities without experiencing any downtime orÂ wait state.
- Keeping the data file safely invisible and providing controlled access: The data filesÂ will be managed through Tally.Server 9. The physical location or path for the data on theÂ server need not be disclosed or made accessible to any user. The clients just require the nameÂ of the data server, which will be enough to access and operate Tally.ERP 9. Furthermore,Â operations for company data management, namely Backup, Restore, Rewrite, CreateÂ Company, and Split Company, are also controlled with server level permissions.
- Analysing system usage and user activities to optimise the various processes andÂ time spent on them: Since the access is controlled through Tally.Server 9, the authorisedÂ users will be able to monitor who is currently logged in, which companies are open, track theÂ activities and even disconnect users if such a requirement arises.
- Minimising instances of system unavailability: Availability of the system is important forÂ any business. With Tally.Server 9, data backup can be taken anytime without affecting eitherÂ the speed of access for users or the reliability of data that is backed up. In other words, usersÂ can continue recording transactions or generating reports while the backup is happening -Â There is zero downtime for backup.
Currently in a multi user environment, database for Tally.ERP 9 Series A is shared with users via theÂ Windows Shared service. This process has its own limitations with regard to data security, performance,Â and speed during concurrent usage by multiple users.
Benefits for the business :
- More than 100 client machines can access data at a time.
- Multiple users can concurrently read (e.g. view reports) and write (e.g. record transactions)Â data.
- Administrators can have control over who accesses the data on the server; permissionsÂ provided will be user-specific.